Juvéderm injectable gel is Hyaluronic acid (HA), which is a naturally occurring substance that delivers nutrients to the skin, helping the skin retain moisture and softness while adding volume.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
The results are immediate and can lasts 6 months to a year. In fact, Juvéderm is the fastest growing non-surgical aesthetic procedure in the United States according to the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
With Juvéderm™ the injection process takes only about 15 minutes. The injectable gel is eased under the skin to provide a smooth, natural look and feel. Juvéderm™ is also proven to be safe and effective for persons of color.
WHAT DOES IT TREAT?
JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC adds fullness and plumps lips as well as smoothes and corrects moderate to severe parentheses lines in adults. This treatment will instantly smooth out those wrinkles or folds along the side of your nose and mouth and restore your skin’s volume. The results are instant, very smooth and natural, giving you a youthful and rejuvenated appearance.
Side effects are usually negligible and limited to reactions with the injection sites. These include redness, bruising, swelling, and discomfort. Discoloration may be simply covered with makeup and typically disappear within 7-10 days.
WHAT ARE THE POTENTIAL ADVERSE EFFECTS OF JUVEDERM?
Do not use these products if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to lidocaine or the Gram-positive bacterial proteins used in these products.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The safety of these products for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding has not been studied
- The safety of JUVÉDERM ULTRA® XC in patients under 18 years has not been studied
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC in areas other than the lips and perioral area have not been established in clinical studies
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) or pigmentation disorders, as use of these products may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation
- Tell your doctor if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with this product may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your doctor if you are on immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response, as use of these products may result in an increased risk of infection
- Tell your doctor if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site
- Minimize strenuous exercise, exposure to extensive sun or heat, and alcoholic beverages within the first 24 hours following treatment
Schedule a Consultation: 281-385-8189